1afc_1

2005 Boards Member blitzwingfan94 has brought to our attention a trio of auctions for some previously unseen Transformers Universe toys. The three items, listed by eBay seller tfcoy, are for [EBAYLINK=”270268104787″]Whirl[/EBAYLINK] and [EBAYLINK=”120297347778″]Sandstorm[/EBAYLINK], a pair of helicopters based on the Transformers Energon combiner helicopter brothers Blackout and Stormcloud. The auctions are rounded out by a [EBAYLINK=”270268103569″]new Deluxe class Optimus Prime[/EBAYLINK]. This toy is a redeco of the Transformers Cybertron Deluxe in a more “classic” color scheme.

1. SPLIT LIP's Avatar SPLIT LIP says

New Universe figs? Those are the Energon combiners, but with new decos. They certainly look legit. Perhapes they're like the movie's scout line?

2. Ravenxl7's Avatar Ravenxl7 says

Interesting. they do look legit. Not from the old Universe line, but could be from either the new Universe line or the Movie line (Target Exlusive Scouts). Either way I wouldn't mind picking them up. Another Energon Gestalt repaint would be nice, imo. The only odd thing is their names, Whirl and Sandstorm, yet they are Decepticons. Not a biggy, though I'd probably make them Autobots if I got them (give us repaints of the other three in the team and it'd make a nice Gestalt to counter the Classics Devastator that I have).

3. unicronsupreme's Avatar unicronsupreme says

There are already two target movie scout repaints of Energon combiners scheduled. They're already repainting the tank and um... one of the planes?

4. Ravenxl7's Avatar Ravenxl7 says

Originally Posted by unicronsupreme View Post
    They've repainted the tank and the helicopter (we still haven't seen this wave in retail yet unfortunetly). That helicopter was green and had clear blue parts like the tank does. I personally don't think that those two and these two are supposed to go together. These might very well be a part of the Universe line. Personally I'd be happy with just a little bit of red paint on the Decepticon logos to make them Autobots, as the molded logo doesn't have all that much detail in it.

Edit: This could be why they trademarked the name Combaticons...

5. Ziero's Avatar Ziero says

...universe Bruticus?

Also, I want that Whirl.

Though I wouldn't mind Sandstorm either...

6. benzo's Avatar benzo says

interesting.. I really like the Energon combiners and I would love to see Universe versions!

Keep reading: Transformers Universe Sandstorm, Whirl and Deluxe Armada Optimus Prime Redeco - Page 2

Join the Conversation! › First Look: New Transformers Universe Whirl, Sandstorm and Optimus Prime On Ebay Discussion