Better Pics of Henkei Sideswipe, Tankor and Silverstreak

HOB-FIG-9505_01

Better images of Henkei Sideswipe, Tankor and Silverstreak are now available. These appear to the the official TakaraTomy stock images that we saw lower resolution versions of before. Click the thumbnail to check out the pictures of C-09 C-10 and D-05.

1. Deceptigtar's Avatar Deceptigtar says

tankor only has chrome smokestacks/guns, crome on the "comb" middle part and some cons symbols on the wings and grey tires versus black ones and some grey on the legs. i much prefer hasbros version, i dont like the con symbols in plain view, i like when an alt mode doesnt show the symbol of their faction, which should be that way and only exposed once transformed.

i just think sometimes the henkei line tries too hard. usually i am content with hasbros version, but throwing those odd spots of grey on tankor make it look worse, the price just doesnt warrant paying it for import prices, IMO.

2. Liokaiser's Avatar Liokaiser says

Sideswipe looks gorgeous, I might have to get Henkei version. Silverstreak looks solid too. *checks wallet*

3. Cascadia's Avatar Cascadia says

Sideswipe looks about the same as the Hasbro version except for the chrome. As for Silverstreak, I wish that they made the hood darker than I would be sold on that one. Otherwise, I am pretty content with the Hasbro version.

4. alien's Avatar alien says

frankly, Takara always done better than Hasbro, is this their marketing strategy...? i guess~

5. WhiteMocha's Avatar WhiteMocha says

I actually find Octane irritating. And then I get irritated that I am LETTING myself get irritated about a toy.

The reason? Because it was such a bad decision, and such a missed opportunity, to distribute the chrome the way it is. It would probably take about as much chrome, maybe just a smidge more, to cover the claw/tanker pieces as it did to cover the guns and hinge pieces. So why put it on the guns and hinge instead? Even if you look past the G1 factor (when Octane's trademark feature was a big chrome fuel tank), REAL tanker trucks are notable for their reflective tanks. Argh. Octane would look GREAT with chrome, it's just in the wrong places on this figure.

Oh well.

Anyhow, might pick up Sideswipe, then do a headswap with my U.S. Sunstreaker. U.S. Sunstreaker will become Tigertrack, Henkei Sunstreaker will remain Sunstreaker, U.S. Sideswipe will remain Sideswipe, and Henkei Sideswipe will be Diaclone Red Sunstreaker. That way all chrome and non-chrome spoilers will work out.

6. SPLIT LIP's Avatar SPLIT LIP says

Bleh. Nice that they went the extra step with Octane by switching up his colours, but it doesn't mean the figure's any better looking and as WhiteMocha said, why not just chrome the whole damn tank?

7. Obvious Prime's Avatar Obvious Prime says

Originally Posted by WhiteMocha View Post
    Oooh, that sounds like a great idea. I think I may do the same.

Keep reading: Better Pictures of Henkei C-09 C-10 and D-05 - Page 2

Join the Conversation! › Better Pics of Henkei Sideswipe, Tankor and Silverstreak Discussion