Knock Off Replica Transformers Generation 1 Insecticon 3 Pack

G1INSECT

Digital-Toys now has a listing for a preorder for the next knock-off G1 Transformer to be released. This time it looks like we are getting replicas of the three G1 Insecticons. This three pack is currently priced at a $49.99 preorder price, and is listed to arrive February 20th.

We would like to remind our readers to use caution when buying collectibles in the secondary market. Make sure you educate yourself and are aware of exactly what item you are buying, and whether the item is genuine or a replica.

1. starscream.pt's Avatar starscream.pt says

those Ko's are taking ages to surface, where the hell is that so promissed wheelajck and sunstreaker?? it has been half a year since they were supposed to come out

2. GreenScream's Avatar GreenScream says

WTF? This is getting pretty out of hand. They're now makings KOs of official reissues and molds that Tak/Tomy own.

3. Ruination04's Avatar Ruination04 says

Originally Posted by GreenScream View Post
    Yeah this is where I draw the line at KOs. I don't mid KO reissues of Sunstreaker, Mirage, or Wheeljack because you don't have any other options for a MISB version, unless you are Donald Trump or Bill Gates. But something like this??? WHY would you buy a KO of it when you can get the real thing? This is a big pass to me...

EDIT: Could this not be an order for the TFC reissues? They in with a bunch of other KOs but still...All it says is reproduction, not original G1...

4. DeathStorm's Avatar DeathStorm says

With the licensed reissues still available for a reasonable price, this makes no sense.

Maybe they are just catering to a specific market of KO collectors? A market that's certainly grown in the past year with all the KOs coming out in full force.

5. Prowl2000's Avatar Prowl2000 says

I'm starting to think that Digital Toys has really taken a step down with their products. Its making me think twice about purchasing anything from them.

6. Megatronwp38's Avatar Megatronwp38 says

Yeah, This Is Getting Out Of Hand. I Will Not Buy Anyof These Reproductions.

7. GreenScream's Avatar GreenScream says

I've been in the market for a KO G1 Mirage and Wheeljack, and possibly Shockwave. But this shuts the door on all of that.

I find it very questionable with what they are doing now. It's one thing to make KOs of molds that no longer exist or damaged but to make existing ones is screwed up.

I am somewhat curious how these are going to be packaged, will they use the TFC box style?

8. ROCK_LEE's Avatar ROCK_LEE says

G1 is officially dead. I knew this was gonna happen since KO swoop hit the market. I hate the tought of these figures and their accessories getting mixed in with the vintage market.

9. There are more replies on The 2005 Boards.

Keep reading: Reproduction Insecticons G1 - Page 2

Join the Conversation! › Knock Off Replica Transformers Generation 1 Insecticon 3 Pack Discussion