TFW2005 Interview with Neil Kaplan – Voice of RID Optimus Prime

ridprime

Neil Kaplan is best known to Transformers fans as the voice of Optimus Prime in Transformers: Robots in Disguise where he also lent his voice to the character of Ro-Tor. TFW2005 content contributor aksmth recently had a chance to interview Mr. Kaplan. You can check out the interview here: Neil Kaplan Interview[/url]! Enjoy!

1. Primeconvoy1's Avatar Primeconvoy1 says

Great interview!

I had the pleasure of meeting Neil Kaplan at one of the Cybercons, and we actually had a long coversation about voice acting, Transformers, and an interesting story he told me about meeting William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy.

One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet! I still have the RID Prime that he signed for me. Hope he gets involved with TF's again. His Bullwinke is dead on too!

2. CrypticIllusionist's Avatar CrypticIllusionist says

Wow, it's almost like an omen. I've been pondering about becoming a voice actor for the last month or so; thinking that even though I've always dreamed of being an animator, I'd absolutely love being a voice actor; and now I find an interview with a well-known voice actor giving advice on how to become one.
    Very interesting interview.

3. Ktulu's Avatar Ktulu says

I'd very much like to do it professionally as well. Not exactly sure where to start though, but certainly - guys like Neil are quite inspirational

4. Draven's Avatar Draven says

I met Neil at Botcon Europe in 2002; he was wandering around, chatting to people, making sure they were having a good time. He was a really nice guy, I spent quite a while just chatting with him. Great interview d00d!

5. Backscatter's Avatar Backscatter says

Good interview. I hope to meet him some day at a TF convention.

6. SlayerDarkCross's Avatar SlayerDarkCross says

He was at Comic Con during the Transformers conference. During the Q/A session he asked for a roll in the new animated series.

He looks like a pretty cool guy =P

Keep reading: Neil Kaplan Interview - Page 2

Join the Conversation! › TFW2005 Interview with Neil Kaplan – Voice of RID Optimus Prime Discussion